Air conditioners are installed in almost every house because of the comfort they offer. With hot summers and chilling winters, getting an AC no longer remains an option.
An AC not only provides us with a fresh, moderate atmosphere but also keeps insects and parasites away. It prevents overheating of other electronics and keeps the air free of germs.
AC also plays a vital role in well maintaining our body. It reduces the chance of asthma attacks, dehydration, and gives us better sleep. Staying in an air-conditioned room can inevitably help us lessen our stress instantly.
However, like any other electronics, an AC also requires regular servicing. To use an AC to the fullest, it has to be well maintained and checked frequently. Thus, it is beyond necessary to keep in mind the manufacture’s specifications and regularly service the AC. This will in return adds to its long life.
Why an AC needs regular servicing?
After extensive use, the AC fails to work at its best. This happens due to various reasons, namely:
- The fan motor gets rusted due to the moisture present in the air and needs proper oiling. This cannot be identified by an ordinary user and requires skilled technicians
- Dirt gets accumulated at the filters or ducts and blocks the airflow. This affects the air quality in the room and spread the bad odor
- Thermostats are one of the major parts of an AC, which helps in sensing and regulating the temperature. If this stops working efficiently, then the AC might end up not providing enough cool air
- The refrigerant levels should be checked regularly as a precautionary measure
- The parts that deal with the input of electricity shall have no defects. If happens otherwise, this can be an immense threat to the entire electric wiring of the house
- The evaporator coils, condensate tray, and ductwork should be checked at least once every six months to ensure no air or refrigerant leaks
- The refrigerants in an AC are not ideal for the atmosphere. They can cause serious issues such as global warming. So, there should be adequate measures taken to prevent it from leakage
How regular servicing of an AC can impact its performance?
- Less breakdown time- Regular servicing of AC prevents it from damaging to a level where it requires emergency treatment. Regular checking helps in identifying the worn out parts and gets them out of the AC before it further damages it. This saves an exorbitant amount that would otherwise be needed to carry out bigger repairing tasks.
- Increases life span- Regular servicing also increases the life-span of the air conditioner. One malfunctioned part can put a load on other parts. This cycle continues until the entire AC gets impaired. To avoid such a situation, get your AC an immediate servicing.
- Increases efficiency- The efficiency of an AC increases exponentially if you provide it the right amount of care and attention. If the AC receives regular nourishment, then it will work at its best giving you the comfort you deserve.
Therefore, to increase the efficiency of your air conditioner and to get the best out of it, make sure to get servicing done in proper intervals by a certified AC servicing company in Sydney.