In the past decade, there has been a surge in the electricity bills of households based on various factors. It ranges from the high demand for electricity in diverse areas, networking, and an increase in the population.
Stringent measures, when practised meticulously, can lead to a reduction in the heating bill. During summer, keep a tab on the temperatures set, this can have an impact on the bill. Around 20% – 50% of your energy consumption is due to the heating and cooling systems at home.
Choose the types of equipment based on energy consumption, efficiency; and you are sure to save a fair amount. Let’s see the maintenance tips to adapt to, to reduce your electricity bill.
- Use natural resources: During the day, make use of Sun to warm up your interiors, keeping the doors and windows open for a while.
- Seal the draughts: Keep all the minor gaps, cracks, and thin lines between doors sealed appropriately. This will ensure the heat generated from the system is saved and doesn’t leak from the gaps. The heat generated is intact and additional heat is not required. Hence you can save money on your heating bills.
- Use Curtains: When curtains are hung without disturbing the radiators and placement of rugs in suitable places can have a lasting impact on your heating bills.
- Avoid cluttering with your furniture: The furniture shouldn’t be placed in front of the airflow as the upholstery tends to eat up the heat generated from the heating devices.
- Understanding of your heating system: Learning the functionality of the heating system can help you to utilize the energy generated without wasting it. Ensure the other rooms which are not in use are closed to maintain the efficiency of the heating system and eventually a reduction in the heating bills.
- Service your equipment: A regular servicing of the device can bring you the peace you were aiming for. During service, the dirt, blockage, and change of parts if need be is done, and it stimulates the efficiency in the system.
The improved efficiency paves the way to reduced energy bills.
In addition to this, state-of-the-art fans consume less energy and keep the heat in the required room. It can help in circulating the hot air in the room, thereby augmenting the efficiency of the heating system.
- Insulate the ceiling: What could be much more efficient than insulating the ceiling or the roof of the house or business unit. Although it’s an expensive method to protect the ceiling as it involves fixing ducts and installation costs, seeking professional help can save your money.
Instead of shelling out on a portable heater, insulating the ceiling along with reverse-cycle air conditioning will have tremendous repercussions on your electricity bill.
- No clothes on radiators: When the clothes are dried on radiators, the wetness from them prevents the generated heat from reaching the people in the room.
For energy efficiency, increase energy savings, use equipment that fits your requirement. Insulation of the wall and ceiling are very efficient ways to reduce heating bills. You can always seek professional help to help you out..