With a complete shift in the work culture in recent years, most offices have encouraged work from home for employees to reduce physical interaction. According to several studies conducted over the past few months, employees working from home are 45% more productive than working in an office setting. They are working extended hours, taking fewer breaks, and being more productive at work.
Well, you may think, how can a distracting environment such as home, make you a better employee? The answer is, the comfort of working from home allows you to work better. The comfort of your home is unmatched by that of the office.
A pleasant morning starting with your favorite breakfast. No hurry to dodge the traffic to reach the office on time. You can relax in the comfort of your home and start working instantly. Looks like a dream come true for some!
While you are spending extended hours at your home, glued to your computer screen, it is time to look for some tweaks and turns that you can do to enhance the comfort of your home.
However, to make your new workspace more comfortable and work-worthy, here are a few tips that will help your scale up your experience of working from home.
- Your sitting area – The place where you sit should be cozy and comfortable. It must allow you to change position while you work with peace. So, it’s the best time to invest in a comfortable office chair, a spacious but sleek sofa for those relaxing moments in between meetings.
- Maintain a cool temperature – Hot weather can take a toll on your home comfort, therefore, check upon the best Ac system for the home. Make sure your AC is capable of stabilizing a moderate temperature according to your need. An auto sensor AC works the best when you forget to adjust the temperature.
- Cleanliness – When you see things lying around you, it does not feel good. Even to remain healthy, you must practice cleanliness at home. While you spend long hours at home, it is important to arrange things in dedicated places. This will give you another reason to focus on your work.
- Room décor – What are the things that attract you to a hotel room? The comfort and the décor. Well, now that you have a comfortable sitting arrangement and soothing temperature, it’s time to work upon your room’s aesthetics. Indulge in some sophisticated room color and choose your furniture accordingly. Also, ensure that your AC design matches our room décor.
- Home maintenance – In our busy lives, it happens often when we skip the maintenance of household appliances and products. Now that you are at home and spending your valuable time working from home, you must ensure everything is in good shape and in good working condition. Book for maintenance for your home appliances and stress on the performance of your AC. Talk to the AC maintenance team about AC preventive measures to be taken to avoid faults.
A survey shows that those working from home are missing their time spent with colleagues. If you are one of them, then try to connect with your colleagues over a call at the end of the day and refresh your energy.