If you want your home air conditioning systems to last longer, AC maintenance is the key to giving them a longer life. The AC accumulates dust and has to be cleaned at regular intervals. Certain parts may wear out. They need to be repaired or replaced. All this will increase the lifespan of the equipment and prevent breakdowns and help conserve energy as well.
- Installing quality air filters- Installing a high-quality air filter will be an excellent way to keep the debris, dust, and dirt from reaching the AC’s moving parts. As the dust and other particles accumulate over time, the air filter can get clogged. Hence a regular change of filter will do the trick and save you a lot of time and money.
You would need to pick the right filter for your air conditioning system, and regularly changing it would keep your fuel bills low. Keeping the house free of dust by vacuuming will ensure less dust entering your AC system and prevent your filter from getting clogged frequently.
- Check blocked vents- Check for anything that’s blocking the vents or registers. If so, it can hamper the functioning of your air conditioner. You will have to make a way to provide an outlet without any furniture drape or carpet blocking it. The vents need to be kept open, as closing them would create unwanted pressure. These vents and registers need to be detached and thoroughly cleaned and wiped before replacing them—plenty of dust and debris in the vent, more than the usual. You would have to contact the AC maintenance to look into it.
- Consider using the fan- If you happen to have fans going with the AC on, it helps in equalizing the room temperature because the air gets circulated and not just settling on the floor. It will help to keep the entire room nice cool during the hot summery months. When you switch onto the heating mode in the winter, turning on the fan to circulate the warm air around the required space. It will help decrease fuel costs, and there will be an even distribution of hot or cold air throughout the room.
- Ensure no air leakage- Sealing the air leaks will prevent the cold or hot air from the air conditioner from escaping and doing full justice to keeping your room or home cool or heated fully. You may end up raising the thermostat to keep adjusting the cooling or heating system, which means an increase in the electricity charges. You will have a check on all windows, door gaps that let out air and fix them up to ensure you can optimize the AC consumption.
- Consider outside temperature- You could turn down the thermostat, depending on the time of day. If it is hotter in the day, you crank it up and change during the night, depending on the weather. This way, you would help adjust the cooling or heating to an appropriate temperature. You won’t be wasting extra electricity. However, ACs nowadays come with sensors and do adjust themselves. If you still are using the older version, then better stick to adjusting the temperature.
As you take care of these things regularly, your Air conditioner will have a longer life. To make your experience even better and to avoid any sudden breakdown during the summer months, it is suggested to go for AC maintenance with expert technicians at a regular interval. You can entirely depend upon Swift Air Conditioning for your professional AC health check and maintenance.