AC filters are crucial for the best functioning, the air filter is usually made of a fiberglass material or pleated paper or cloth enclosed with a cardboard frame. It is used to remove solid pollutants such as smoke, oil, and pollen to ensure better air quality for the occupants.
Why are AC filters important?
There are two major functions of Air filters in AC, one is Purifying the home air, and another is to prevent us from dirt and dust. The basic function of an air filter is to clean the air that circulates through the heating and cooling system. Filters can hold many types of particulates and waste products that could affect your health and comfort, including dust, pollen, mold spores, metal, plaster, hair & animal fur, and bacteria, etc.
Problems on running AC without filter
- An air filter is in control for filtering nasty dirt out from the air in your home. It makes us breathe in unpolluted, fresh, and free of allergens. In case there is no filter in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning, You can feel a lot of particles in the home.
- A good air filter allows air freely out of your unit. A dirty air filter controls the flow of cold air, it makes low internal temperature and initiates it to build up inside the air conditioner. Enough time, that build-up of cold air can eventually cause ice to form on the coils.
- Running the air conditioning without a filter will reduce indoor air quality. It leads to nose and throat infections, itching in eye areas, etc. The person will feel discomfort when the dust is disturbed in the home when the AC unit is running and continuous cycles throughout the air, never settling. It makes dirt, dust, and debris are pulled on through the intake, forced back through the air holes, and remain suspended within the air until someone breathes it in or it blocks the unit.
- When there are common problems with the air conditioner, that is increasing electric bills, it will not circulate the even cooling in the room. It will produce uneven cooling with hot and cold which makes a lower comfort range than better cooling.
- The air filter of AC is very essential to the home particularly for people who suffer from respiratory disease. It produces very clean air to breathe. It protects the person from allergies caused by the unclean filter. If we got a forced-air system running, those allergens are going to be released into the air we breathe.
- The air filter is more important because, without the air filter to filter the dust out, your air conditioner will now discharge dust all over your home. The air can make more impact on health. So Make sure you get your AC servicing at the proper time
- By using the air conditioner without an air filter makes the AC overheat and shut down frequently.
- A dirty air filter limits the flow of cold air, causing it to build up inside the air conditioner and lower the internal temperature. So change your AC air filters regularly. Given enough time, that build-up of cold air can eventually cause ice to form on the coils.
Running window ac without a filter is not advisable, it can do more harm to your health than to AC lifecycle.