Some of the AC related issues
- Problem with switching on- Sometimes, your AC doesn’t get switched on. It may be because your remote batteries don’t work, thermostat batteries are dead, or the circuit breaker has tripped.
- Blower issues- The AC isn’t blowing cold air. It could be due to the air filter being dirty and blocking the airflow. The system may freeze up because there has been insufficient airflow as there are low levels of coolant in the AC. The blower motor can also be down, and the contractor may get stuck and not allow your AC to function. All these problems need AC servicing.
- Refrigerant leakage- A refrigerant leak can bring in more significant fuel bills but not much relief in cooling. The leaking can damage the compressor and even the coil to freeze, too, resulting in the unit’s lowered efficiency, and the users can experience uneven cooling.
- Noisy operation- If the air conditioner makes odd sounds, it’s better not to ignore them. There may be a specific problem that has to be rectified. A hissing sound indicates a refrigerant leak is taking place. There could be clicking sounds whenever you turn on and off due to a relay issue. If there are strange thumping and rattling and banging sounds, the blower or motor assembly is the cause. However, Screeching sounds indicate the compressor or the fan is the culprit. In case the electrical components are faulty, it will make a strange buzzing sound.
- Compressor wear and tear- Sometimes, the fan or the compressor may wear out due to frequent usage. The blower motor will not make an electric connection; therefore, you cannot switch on the AC.
- Exterior leakage- The air conditioner may experience leaks from the exterior. When the unit is being used in the hot hours of the day, some leakage is considered normal. But if it happens otherwise when not in use or when it is normal outside, it may be due to dirty air filters or the AC hasn’t been installed correctly. Check the drain pipes for possible blockage.
- Less cooling- The AC may not give the desired amount of cooling because it is faulty and doesn’t adjust accordingly to the temperature change. It may get stuck in a loop of sorts by turning on and off repeatedly.